“Inclusion is the celebration of diversity put into action.”
The future of work is here! The unprecedented forces of the pandemic have disrupted and reshaped the way organizations and teams work today. While remote teams have become the new normal; it also means recognizing the need for changing organizational policies and paying attention to crucial issues. One of the biggest challenges faced by organizations, made even more stark by the pandemic, is the need for Diversity and Inclusivity.
The benefits of a diverse, equal and an inclusive work environment are numerous, and these diversity in the workplace statistics can prove it.
- More than 50% of current employees want their workplace to do more to increase diversity (Glassdoor)
- 69% of executives believe that diversity and inclusion are the most critical issues (Deloitte)
- Companies with higher-than-average diversity had 19% higher innovation revenues (Harvard Business Review)
Claudia Brind-Woody, VP and MD at IBM said, “Inclusivity means not ‘just we’re allowed to be there,’ but we are valued. I’ve always said: smart teams will do amazing things, but truly diverse teams will do impossible things.”
Evidently, workplace diversity is one of the most crucial elements today. D&I initiatives make workplaces more successful and smarter, promote better employee wellbeing, and lead to increased job satisfaction and employee engagement levels.
How to Cultivate Diversity and Inclusivity
The next biggest question for every organization is to identify where they are on their diversity efforts and how to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you are ready to assess your D&I efforts, the most effective tool would be to run a “Organizational Assessment” or what we, at Numly, refer to as a mechanism to understand and bridge the gap between your current state and goals, and how to approach it.
Taking an assessment is a critical step to long-term success, as it provides a data-driven understanding of your current state around diversity and inclusion to guide strategic decisions around resourcing and action planning.
How Numly Helps You
Numly offers the opportunity to provide a Talent Insight Report for your organization, It enables you to understand and measure your employees’ skills gaps and get a personalized diversity solution for your organization.
The report provides an insight not only on diversity skill gaps within the organization, but also a detailed analysis and a plan of action to start with.
What You Need To Do
- The first step is to identify your goals towards a diverse workplace and clearly define what diversity, inclusion, and equity would mean to your organization.
- Take the simple Organizational Assessment to understand diversity skills gaps, followed by a strategic plan and analysis catered specifically to your enterprise.
- Undertake a DE&I Peer Coaching program designed to help grow leaders who can implement collaboration and empowerment within diverse teams and nurture a working environment that treats people fairly and equitably.
Want to reinvent your D&I initiatives? Contact us for a Product Overview or Book a quick demo with us.